This week in karate we were talking about setting goals and how it’s important to write them down. Well, I figured a good way to keep up with my goals is to blog my progress. I have multiple, some long term and some short term. Some of the short term lead up to the long term. I’ll start with my short term goals.
- Fit into my karate pants – I’m still wearing sweats to karate because I refuse to pay for a bigger size pants since they are crazy expensive. Having Jamison took a toll on my body.
- Start working out more than just karate – currently I only go to karate class twice a week. I’d like to increase this to not only more karate classes but also joining the local gym and go there a few times a week.
- Eat better – I currently always get fast food any time we have the extra money. I need to stop not only for my health but for it’ll be better for our finances.
I have one mid term goal…it might be short term but I’m not sure.
- Get on leadership at karate – I’d love to start training to becoming an instructor.
Long term goals:
- I can’t believe I’m saying this publicly…but I want to get under 200lbs – I don’t think Jeff has ever seen me there. I’ve always been pretty big and having 5 kids hasn’t helped.
- Get my black belt – I am about 15months away right now.
- Become a karate instructor – if I’m going to get my black belt, I want to put it to use…I don’t want to get it just to get it.
- Create a kids program for after school and Summer similar to the other karate location – my role model (in both weight loss and karate) has a program that she picks kids up from school and takes them back to karate location…like an after school daycare but better. During the Summer she takes them on field trips and she instills the karate teachings of respect and everything else in the kids. Her program just don’t reach this area and I think it would be great.
We discussed in class about a timetable…but honestly the only one I have a time frame is my black belt. I don’t want to push too hard and I’m going to increase my exercise slowly so I don’t overdo it. First step is done, I got a pair of tennis shoes (I only owned a pair of flip flops and hiking boots lol) so next is to get a gym membership which will be done in the next few days. I don’t know my current weight…but I guess I need to find that out so I can keep track.